At the time you have had your old coffee maker. For far too long and it is the main time to get a newer version, disposing of it can be hectic.
There are maximum countries that have been discouraging e-waste. Because landfills are filling up very fast and there’s nowhere to take the e-waste.
In case your coffee maker is not much bad can be handed down to a friend, family member, or can be sold second hand. Firstly clean it. Then pack it up for gifting or resale.
There are many cities or towns that have drop-off points for your old or beyond repair appliances like coffee makers. Therefore, it is very important that you search on the internet on the electric appliances recycle drop off point. You can find many stores or company, they will help you.
What should you do with an old coffee maker (how to dispose of it)
Every old coffee maker holder faces this problem once a time. Below I will get red from this tension. Let’s start.
A Goodwill stores where you can take your non-working coffee maker. You will find it in your nearest places. Many people think that Goodwill stores are just meant for thriftier items like clothes and shoes. It’s wrong.
There are many Goodwill stores also accept non-working electrical appliances to recycle at a later date. At first, give them a call and make sure if they take appliances for recycling
In this event they do, also take some usable items from your house. It will go a long way in helping an unfortunate family.
Also, it’s an important point to know that the Salvation Army does not take items meant for recycling; so don’t bother calling.
2. In this step, you can take the coffee maker to the store where you bought it.
This step only works for people who bought their coffee makers from a local shop. In the event, if you bought your coffee maker from Amazon or any other online shop. You have particularly adhered to your old coffee maker.
It does not mean all the electronic shops are supposed to take back old electronics. At this moment you can give them a call or walk in and ask if they can take it back.
3.Bring your old coffee maker back to its companies.
Most of the manufacturers allow their clients to mail back the old or broken appliances for recycling. Therefore, give them a call or shoot them an email and enquire if they can take back your coffee maker for recycling.
A few of the coffee manufacturers that allow you to mail back your old coffee maker is; Hamilton Beach and Nespresso.
4.Looking for old coffee maker recycling nearby?
In case you have got an old coffee maker to get rid of Goodwill stores is the right choice for local coffee maker removal and recycling. Let them handle the hassle of disposing of your coffee maker in an eco-friendly way.
Certainly, your coffee maker could be loved by someone new or it’s seen its last drip. They will make sure your old daily brew doesn’t end up in the landfill. Your best choice for hauling away all coffee machines and other small kitchen appliances you need to be removed!
Small gadgets, like blenders and toasters, are built to last a long time. At the end of the day, you’re probably going to need to upgrade this. Maximum small appliances are mainly composed of metal, like steel. Additionally, they have as much as useful materials that are pretty easy to recycle — and shouldn’t end up in the landfill.
Small Appliances Recycling Preparation
- Unplug your gadget for several days before recycling to let it cool down.
- For your coffee maker and other heavier gadget tie up the power cord using either a twist tie or the cord itself (or tape it to the unit). At last, you want is to trip while carrying an item that may weigh 25 to 50 pounds.
- In case the item is still in working condition, consider donating it to a thrift store. While it’s not required that you have to clean it. If you clean appliances before donation, it’s certainly appreciated.
- Another thing that your gadget has removable parts not made of metal (such as the tempered glass or plastic blender jar), therefore it probably isn’t a recycling market for those. You should remove these parts prior to recycling.
Why Recycle Small gadget
- Almost 75 percent of the weight of the average gadget comes from steel (the most recycled material in the U.S.). Home gadget account for 10 percent of steel recycled in the U.S. each year.
- Moreover, microwaves have computer chips in them that contain valuable metals like gold, copper. Inside, the wire in electronics’ power cords is made of coated copper — another valuable material.
- By recycling your coffee maker, you can get it like a new look & performance.
- Recycling helps you to avoid buying a new one. It helps to save your valuable money and time also.
- If your budget is tight, then you can get rid of buying. It’s a great opportunity to buy a needy small gadget.
Conclusion on what to do with an old coffee maker
In conclusion, if your coffee maker is still in good use, you can donate it to a needy friend, family or to a charitable organization like Goodwill.
Before donating, ensure you clean the coffee maker. Moreover, it might not be required but the receiver of the coffee maker will appreciate it more if it is cleaned.
Additionally, you can also research on e-waste companies in your nearest city or town so that you can drop off or mail your old coffee maker to them for recycling.
There are many companies are also kind enough to pick the broken coffee maker from your house. Which I think is an awesome gesture. Right?
Disposing of a coffee maker is a hassle-free task. You can do it easily. Or need help search and contact your nearest company.
Besides, this option is only possible if there are other broken electrical appliances to be picked. In spite, it makes the trip more economical. Happy recycling!